Its a new year and instead of setting resolutions that would probably last until the end of January lets try to set a theme for 2017. For me, I feel like 2016 was recovery year and there was definatley a lot of ups and down. Throughout 2016 I've learned many things that I am taking with me into the new year. To sum up everything into one word would be "Renew." Basically what I mean by that is that its never too late to reinvent yourself, or change. Life is about reinventing yourself, finding yourself, and realize that you literally have the capability to be anybody you want, and you also have the ability to change whenever you want. In doing that, I do think its important to carry values as you go through these changes. Here are a 20 things I've learned and are taking with me through 2017:
1. Gratitude is everything
2. When you give you get more
3. When you have a killer outfit for the gym you'll always work harder
4. Don't wait for things to happen because there's never a perfect time
5. You don't realize your capabilities until you step out of your comfort zone
6. Choose love over hate ALWAYS, no matter who has hurt you.
7. Holding on to resentment only destroys yourself
8. You can be friends with everybody without them knowing everything about you.
9. Exercise really does put you in a better mood
10. There are two types of people in this world, proactive and reactive. Ones that have control over there life to create whatever they feel, and the ones that blame life and feel that it controls them. Be proactive.
11. There is always a better way to look at things. ALWAYS
12. not everyone is going to like you or support you and that's okay. Choose to let it go, and focus on those who do.
13. There's a reason why certain people come into your life. For them to change your life or for you to change there's.
14. What you think is what you become
15. Visualizing what you want does wonders to your motivation
16. You can train a negative mind to be positive. The sooner you train yourself to change your thoughts the sooner you see your life change.
17. Forgive yourself
18. Trust your intuition
19. Life Is an illusion created by your perception
20. Learn to love yourself, enjoy your own company, and watch your life flourish
What are some lessons you're taking with you this year?